1. Articles Carried for the test
On the test date, test takers must bring the following articles to the test room:
- Test admission ticket.
- Identity certificate (copies are invalid) which is authentic, valid, identical with the registration information and carries a photo.
- 2B pencils (two or more) and eraser, in the event that it is a paper-based test.
Other personal articles of test takers cannot be carried with them during the test but shall be placed in the depository or place designated by the test examiner. Do not bring any valuables to the test room; otherwise no compensation will be made for the loss.
Test takers who are unable to present the valid identity certificate and test admission ticket will not be permitted to take the test, nor will the test fee be refunded.
2. Time of admission
Test takers shall arrive at the exam room half an hour before the start of the test, so as to avoid being late. After the admission, no test takers could allowed to leave the test room until the end of the Listening part.
Paper-based test: Before the start of the Listening part, late test takers can enter the test room and take the test; after the Listening part has started, late test takers have to wait till its end before entering the test room to work on the Reading part, with no extra time added to make up for the delay; after the start of the Reading part, late test takers are not allowed to enter the test room to take the test.
Oral test: Before the start of the recording, late test takers can enter the test room and take the test; but after the recording has started, late test takers are not allowed to enter the test room to take the test.
3. Test Methods
- Test takers shall take the test in line with the arrangements and instructions of the examiner(s).
- All the answers shall be provided by filling in the answer sheet with a 2B pencil.
- Answering of the oral test shall be in the form of live recording, and test takers shall complete the test with their own recording device separately in line with the instructions and arrangements by the examiner(s).
- The internet-based test is a paperless exam, which requires test takers to answer via mouse and keyboard, and the test duration is subject to automatic timing.
4. Test regulations
- Test takers must sit in the assigned seats and have no right to choose seats.
- Test takers must follow instructions of the examiner(s), observe the test rules, and independently complete various parts of the test.
- No break will be set during the test. If, due to any special reason, test takers need to leave the exam room halfway, he/she shall first obtain the consent of the examiner(s) and then submit his/her test admission certificate and identity certificate to the examiner(s) before leaving the exam room. After his/her return, the examiner(s) will give back the test admission ticket and identity certificate.
- In the oral test, no test takers shall temporarily leave the room. If any test takers has to leave, then the departure means to withdraw from the test.
5. Handling of emergencies
- In case of any unfair treatment of test takers due to mismanagement of the test room, such as insufficient test time and damage to the paper or test equipment, which makes test takers unable to complete the test, the Chinese Testing International will make timely arrangements for a new, free test for him/her, but it will not assume any indirect loss and the test site cannot be changed.
- In case of any force majeure, such as a natural disaster or accident, which makes test takers unable to complete the test, the Chinese Testing International will make timely arrangements for a new, free test for him/her or fully refund the test fee to him/her, but it will not assume any indirect loss.
6. Absence from the test
If test takers fail to take the test on the test date due to certain reason that is not attributable to the test organizer, no test fee will be refunded.
7. Violations and penalties
Test takers shall not open the paper in advance or write down the answer out of the right answering area, neither shall they tear, replace, copy the paper, nor take the paper or the answer sheet outside the test room. In case of any of such acts as cheat, substitution of the test taker, plagiarism, smuggled material, or disobedience to instructions of the examiner(s), the test results will be canceled.